Affogato Coffee Ice Cream is a simple Italian dessert. It’s so good, you won’t consider it’s solely 2 components! Affogato appears and tastes fancy, however, takes seconds to make.
Single serving desserts like Panna Cotta, these Mini Cheesecakes, or Chocolate Eclairs are so elegant, elegant, and ideal for events. Affogato espresso ice cream is pleasant and when you strive for it, you’ll crave it typically.
Affogato means “drowned” in Italian and it’s primarily drowning ice cream in coffee. The recent coffee begins to soften the ice cream and varieties a thick foam on the prime. My cousin’s spouse, Alla shared this scrumptious concept with me. Watch the video tutorial under and you will note simply how straightforward that is.
What can I Substitute for Espresso?
We love the wealthy taste and crema in espresso (and right here is the Espresso machine we love) however you’ll be able to substitute the espresso pictures by utilizing:
- Sturdy brewed espresso (sizzling)
- Immediate Espresso powder in boiling water
The Best Ice Cream for Affogato:
We make affogato with vanilla bean ice cream as a result of it’s simpler to search out within the grocery retailer however it’s classically made with vanilla gelato so if you’d like the genuine Italian expertise, pour espresso over vanilla gelato and watch the magic occur.
Affogato Coffee Ice Cream Toppings:
There’s a lot of room to experiment with Affogato toppings. You possibly can completely serve it with simply espresso and ice cream, however, if you’re feeling adventurous or actually need to impress somebody, strive for these:
- Caramel sauce
- Chocolate sauce
- Chocolate shavings from a chocolate bar
- Cocoa powder for dusting
- Grated chocolate espresso beans
- Biscotti or Italian pizzelle cookies, crushed
- Sea salt
- Toasted and chopped hazelnuts or pistachios
- Liquor for adults (Kahlua, Bailey’s, or Frangelico)
The Finest Affogato Taste Mixtures:
- Vanilla ice cream, chocolate shavings, espresso
- Vanilla bean ice cream, caramel sauce, roasted chopped pistachios, espresso
- And Vanilla bean ice cream, chocolate sauce, sea salt, espresso
Can Affogato be Made Forward?
You possibly can scoop the ice cream into glasses and even add toppings forward, cowl with plastic wrap, and freeze. Simply earlier than serving, take away from the freezer and pour espresso over ice cream. If espresso or espresso are piping sizzling, pour over the ice cream and never straight over the glass so the glass doesn’t break.
Serving the affogato in chilled glasses or bowls is superior for warm days or if serving open air so the ice cream doesn’t soften immediately
Extra Straightforward Dessert Recipes You Will Love:
- Cherry Pie – don’t skip the inside track of ice cream
- Cream Puffs – these show that do-it-yourself is finest
- Blueberry Pie – pairs completely with a scoop of vanilla ice cream
- No-Bake Cheesecake – with the most effective strawberry topping
- Chocolate Cake – the final word birthday cake
Affogato Coffe Recipe
Prep Time: 1 minute
Affogato Espresso Ice Cream is a simple Italian dessert. Affogato is so good, you won’t consider it’s solely 2 components!
- 2 scoops vanilla ice cream (or vanilla gelato)
- 2 oz espresso (2 pictures), or sturdy brewed espresso
- Add 2 scoops of ice cream to a serving bowl or glass.
- Add chocolate shavings or different toppings if desired.
- Pour 2 pictures of sizzling espresso or sturdy brewed espresso over the ice cream and serve immediately.
Watch Learn how to Make Affogato:
This recipe makes 1 affogato dessert. I wrote it out that method deliberately so you’ll be able to scale up it simply. The ratio is 1 shot (1 oz) of espresso per 1 scoop of ice cream.
- Use an ice cream scooper to add 2 scoops of ice cream to a serving bowl or glass.
- Add desired toppings (see checklist under).
- Pour over 2 pictures of sizzling espresso or sturdy brewed espresso and serve immediately.
Thank you for reading our article about Affogato Coffe Recipe.